Break Into the Music Business
The Music Industry Business program will help you understand the creation and marketing components of today’s music industry. Classes in recording, business, artist management, publishing, economics—and much more—are combined with internships to prepare you for a successful career in the music industry.
Why Music Industry Business at NU?
- Only 4 year fully accredited degree program of its kind in the northwest region of the United States.
- Top tier, industry rated recording facilities and environments/equipment.
- Award-winning faculty members.
- 100% job placement since we started in 2010.
- Minutes from Seattle, one of the top 6 thriving music scenes/cultures in the United States.
- Opportunities for internship experience, employment, and ministry—locally and abroad.
- Our Music Business program is accredited with the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs—the highest accreditation possible for business schools that focus on teaching excellence.
Looking to Transfer?
Complete Your Degree at NU
You’ve spent time completing general education requirements, perhaps at several colleges. Now NU is ready to work with you to complete your degree. Audio Production major-specific classes begin Fall 2021 and upper-division courses will roll out as appropriate based on enrollment, but your journey to NU isn’t delayed as you get started on your Christian Formation courses. NU also offers enriching minors to add value to your already valuable degree!
- Business Administration
- Media Ministry
- Music Industry Business
Check out the Transfer Guide to see how your previous courses will transfer and Request an Unofficial Review from your Admissions Counselor.
Where Have Students Interned?
- EMI Nashville — Music Publishing
- Tooth and Nail Records; Seattle — Music marketing/publishing
- Mars Hill Music; Seattle — Music marketing/publishing/distribution
- East-West Studios; Los Angeles — Recording/Engineering/Producing
A Message from a Graduate
“Don’t overlook Northwest. The professors here are really invested in your success. They opened doors for me that I could have never opened myself. Choosing this school has made a huge difference. I’ve done things here that I never imagined I would.”
Alumna, Former Intern at Tooth and Nail Records
Common Career Paths
- TV & Radio
- Artist management
- Music Copyright